Tuesday 17 May 2011

Documentary Assignment; Investigation into Factual Programmes

We have now started the investigation into TV Factual Programmes whereby I have been researching into Issues needed to be considered on the television such as; the accuracy of material deliverd to the audience, privacy issues for the contributers with issues of consent from the contributer or a third party, also about information on withdrawing consent, also the issue of Impartiality and the priority to portray fairly equal information to the audience, with information on all sides of the story. I have also undertaken an investigation into the codes and conventions of factual programmes on of the News on TV such as; field reporters, interviewing, actuality footage etc. I also have included the different modes of documentarys such as; observational, interactive, reflexive etc. Within this investigation I have also learnt and highlighted examples of the different modes of documentaries and the styles used also I have researched and seen examples of codes and conventions used within factual programme of the News and how different factual programmes used these, I have compared different News Programmes such as;Sky News which is a 24 hour news channel which is targetted to a working audience of people at work or at home, another news programme of South Today which is a local news channel which is targetted to those who finish work at a generic time of 5, the other news programme was Newsround which is targetted for a more younger audience. I have researched into their different styles to target to a specfic audience such as formal, or informal. I have annotated onto all research undertaken within factual programmes and about to start writing my investigation in a word document to represent my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment