Friday 7 January 2011

DVD Menu Completed & Burnt to Disc

I have completed my DVD Menu successfully from Adobe Encore onto a disc with all codecs working visibly. The quality of the DVD Menu has stayed the same as from what was seen on Encore. However, I had some problems with burning my DVD Menu to disc, when 'checking project', to see if all pages are linker successfully & everything is operating correctly, mine kept crashing, which was a worry & problem. I realised it was because, although I couldn't see them, there were so many pages on my DVD Menu, as when importing them, then 'deleting' them on Encore, I learnt doesn't actually delete altogether. When opening my DVD Menu folder where my Encore DVD Menu is saved, two folders appear called 'Cache' & 'Sources', when opening sources folder, there are other folders & one of them is called 'Menus' which shows all Pages within the menu pages, I had a fair list of pages, which was a big problem. My initial idea, was to from looking at my DVD Menu, delete all the pages on the Menu Folder, which I didn't want, this was very hard & i ended up deleting some of my actual pages linked in my DVD Menu, therefore i had to start over again, i felt this wasn't a good way to resolve this, as it was confusing & time consuming. My next idea, was to completely re-do my whole DVD Menu.

From using Adobe Encore, i really got the hang of it & found it easy to use, therefore when re-doing my whole DVD Menu, did sound daunting, however it took me no less then 5 minutes, i went back to my folder which my final DVD Menu pages (7) were, i then creating a whole new project on Encore, then imported all my DVD Menu Pages which had correct codecs, I then linked all pages & when checking the flow chart, all pages were linked successfully. I then imported as a timeline my .mov file of horror sounds. I also added my animation again & linked this to the main DVD Menu. After completing my new DVD Menu, it was successfully burned onto disc.

Throughout the process of burning my DVD Menu to disc, i learnt the importance of house keeping, my mistake on Encore was by deleting on Encore, i didn't realise they weren't completely being deleted. However after this, I learnt another skill of Encore which i can remember for future reference & i know not to make that mistake again. Through learning the importance of house keeping, i have learnt greatly, i can remember this in all future assignements so hopefully it won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment