Friday 4 February 2011

Camera Workshop

On Wednesday, we were introduced to a camera workshop in which we were shown how to use the camera of a HD format and tripod which will be using to film our footage. We were shown technical skills such as; how to tilt the camera by adjusting tools on the tripod, how to pan across a scene by loosening  the handle, another important skill learnt which will help to save the battery is how to take the battery out of the camera, therefore the battery will last longer then if I were to keep it in. We were also shown the button to open the cover lens, therefore can assure safety of the lens, another skill I learnt was the use of the tripod and how to adjust it to change the size and angle, which will ultimately change the shot angle. I have background knowledge of the use of cameras and tripods, as I have used them to create a short video for GCSE and in AS Levels to create an opening to a new Horror sequence. I already had the skills of adjusting the tripod angle and the use of the camera, however this workshop has enhanced my memory and I feel fully confident to film and aware of the use of the camera and tripod.

After this lesson, we immediately booked out a camera and tripod for the 31st Jan 09:00-15:30, therefore there would be no dissapointment and we had planned this day for filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment