Friday 4 February 2011

Editing on Premiere Pro

We have now filmed our shots for out television advert with the help of using documents such as; Storyboard, Shooting Shedule & Script. We have converted the footage from mpeg to AVI, the file format which is compatible to Premiere Pro. I imported our rushes in a new project, I also imported the folders of audio of the soundtrack, images of png file format into our project, and dragged on to the timeline. I added all shots we filmed, and cut them to fit in with the ideal time of 30 seconds with the audio of our soundtrack dragged within the audio box on the timeline. I then set unmarked markers on the soundtrack when it sounds as if an action or something should happen therefore I could edit to the music so it can make sense and the message seem clear through the footage and music. As we filmed on a number of locations we made sure we applied the pre-roll when filming therefore we had time to edit before or after if we wished to make it clear it is a difference in time, place & day. We produced a good number of avi rushes therefore we could edit differently and to add the emphasise that it is a montage style, by having a number of different shots in different locations fast paced.

Another skill I learnt within the editing workshop was different ways to edit the shot to add effects, I used the brighten and contrast on a few beach scenes to brighten the lighting up, I also used 'leave colour', to create the shot as black and white and the only colour is the red from my coat and the Kit Kat bar to portray the colours of the Kit Kat brand and to make it clearer the advert is advertising Kit Kat chocolate bar. As we used pre-roll for our advantage, I cut into some of the shots using the razor tool to make actions quicker instead of watching someone unwrap a Kit Kat wrapper for a number of seconds, using the razor tool I cut for example a 5 second shots into two and just kept the shot of the actor unwrapping the wrapper then quickly the next shot would be eating the chocolate bar, as it is clear that they were getting the chocolate bar out. The razor tool was a big skill which i gained and applied heavily onto my work to emphasise the fast paced nature of the advert with the use of montage the advert needed quick clear shots. Another editing effect which was available on Premiere Pro was the use of dissolving a shot, although if I were to have used this in between different scene locations it may have emphasised the difference in time and place, however the use of dissolving in shots is not common on adverts which I found through research and analysis of existing/similar television adverts, however I did use a cross dissolve at the end of my advert between the last shot and the pack shot to show it's the end of the advert and to add effect, on the end shot of the advert I also used the editing effects of blurring the shot in which I blurred 25 percent of the shot to also add effect and make it seem more interesting, also to emphasise it is the end of a fast paced advert.

This is a screen shot of my 30 second TV Advert in Premiere Pro CS3


No comments:

Post a Comment