Monday 4 October 2010

Adobe Photoshop CS3 & File/Sound Format & Regional Codes

Adobe Photoshop CS3

Before i started my course, i had a wide knowledge on Photoshop, as through school i did Photography & i used photoshop heavily to edit and enhance GCSE images & enjoyed editing images so spent time at home editing my own pictures. I picked it up and pretty much taught myself as i went. I also did work experience in Venture Photography Shop where i work, which i edited real customers images, and they showed me tools and easy short cuts to edit quicker. I love editing images, which i do regularly for college work & my own family pictures. I enjoy the process & seeing the final production of what I've done, in photoshop you can really enhance and change an image to stand out. My favorite is to change the image colour to black & white & putting in colour to aspects such as flowers, eye colour etc, this effect really stands out and i use a lot. Photoshop for me, is amazing, i really enjoy editing images as you can have a standard simple image, and enhance and edit it so much, it looks totally different and almost shocks you. I have made a page on my blog of 'Photography', and i have added some of my own images which i edited in Adobe Photoshop in the past on the bottom of my blog.

Differnt File/Sound Formats & Regional Codes

Today we covered different DVD Formats & Regional Coding's. I learnt how every DVD has a specific region coding & reasons being. I also learn the different DVD formats which include different advantages. I found out through research that the reason being for regional codings is down to Copy Right purposes, for example America bring out movies before us, therefore someone cannot get one from there & copy it as it won't work in the UK, as the region code for the United States is 1, where as in the United Kingdom is is 2, therefore the UK DVD players should only play DVD's with the region code 2.

This is a big advantage to the Movie Companys, as they will gain maximun profit, as people can only buy the DVD in their own Countries regional codes. If there was no such thing as Regional Codes, Movie Companys will loose profit, as Countries worldwide will constantly sending them over from one Countrie to another.

I also learnt about different Sound formats & DVD Formats, with some having the ability to re-record, where as others cannot. I found this was very interesting to find out all the different DVD formats, from
DVD+R & DVD-R to DVD RAM which old different advantages & disadvantages. I didn't realise just how important & vital it is when using a DVD format, when wanting a certain aspect. I also learnt different Sound formats such as Dolby Digital to Dolby Digital Plus, which hold different defnitions & channels of sound. Sound Formats are also important, as different sound to a movie can change are perception of it, for example a horror movie with loud scary music, we won't get the full effect if it's not loud & sourround sound.

This has enhanced my undestanding of Regional Codes, DVD & Sound Formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment