Friday 8 October 2010

Final Idea for my DVD Menu

I’m creating my own independent DVD Menu, including my own images thrilling images. I have chosen Horror, to relate to my Movie Poster, & I’m going to use colours, textures/ elements to relate to my genre. I’ve put into consideration the client & the audience needs of the target audience for Horror.

Title: 

My movie title is ‘21’, the same as my movie poster. I chose numbers, as from researching horrors, their titles can be catches & they’re questionable for the audience. I found some with numbers titles such as ‘23’, a thriller with Jim Carey. My whole title on my movie poster & my DVD menu, is ‘2 sides 1 person’, but to shorten it and make the audience intrigued & wanted to know answers, I simply put it as ‘21’. I felt this title is simple but interesting.
Colour Scheme:  
Horror films use the colours, black & white, reds & dark colours, to associate with the genre. The colours I will use is, black & white, red, i feel the black portrays the darkness of the nature of the genre, the white to imply the innocence which could be in danger in the film & also white stands out & contrasts well with the other colours. Lastly, the colour red which i feel is really effective when using the genre Horror, as it represents blood which implies danger, also i feel this colour is very bold & stands out well.
Font: 




The font will be bold, red colours to relate to blood. The style will be ‘Monotype Corsiva’  as I feel looks almost old & interesting. Of different sizes & colours with white lines slicing through the writing which reminds me of barbed-wire which is dangerous.
Textures:  
From researching textures, I know I’d like to include ‘Crime scene’ tape across my DVD Menu, with ‘duck tape’, as the background to my titles. Almost like a plan from a psychotic or a crime investigation board. Textures such as Warning Signs, Red paint spattered like blood also portray the genre Horror, & imply danger & death. I also feel textures such as these, really stand out & intrigue the audiences eyes.

Warning tape to imply something bad has happened,
& danger & death is close

Tape to portray Horror

Red paint splattered to portray Blood

A warning danger sign, to portray the danger of
Horror

No comments:

Post a Comment