Wednesday 6 October 2010

Movie Poster

                           This is my final Movie Poster, '21' with the genre 'thriller'.

This is my completed Film Poster. I have learnt many skills & developed on my knowledge of Photoshop through making my movie poster. I have used Photoshop heavily for past projects & coursework, however i learnt a great deal on this project. I learnt clearly how to use layers on Photoshop, which i knew how to but didn't understand fully, & now i can successful add layers on top of eachother.
I also learnt the use & important of file formats. I learnt that PSD Files is the file in which it will save all layers which you can therefore go back to, edit & annotate to. Also learning when uploading an image on the internet & viewing it successful as a thumbnail in Documents, is to save the image as a JPEG, therefore i learnt to flatten all images first, so all layers merged into one final image.
I'm very pelased with my final Movie Poster as the image i had in my head before hand & through sketches, i knew exactly the image i'd like to fulfil the thriller/horror genre. The polaroid image effect i was going for i really like, & each element of the poster from the colours of the font, to the images, which the woods one i took myself of my friend in her prom dress, to the title, added credit & age certificate. All the elements of a real Movie Poster. I learnt alot of skills from this exercise & thoroughly enjoyed it.




No comments:

Post a Comment