Friday 5 November 2010

Making my DVD Menu Pages



In the making in my DVD Menu pages, it is vital to make sure all elements related to the genre, therefore putting this into consideration, i kept the dark colour theme of red & black throughout every DVD Menu Page, & the Font i kept red with an effect of seemingly like blood. The images throughout the DVD Menu were fairly dark inititally as i took them at night, however i still touched them up by editing them on Photoshop. I used effects such as brightning & contrasting to create a tense tone, i also de-saturated some slightly to make them appear even darker & slightly black & white. I also changed all colours within some images, in other words with the lasso tool, i highlighted certain areas of the image & by inverse, editing different areas, i.e making most of the image black & white & editing some of the areas in colour to stand out more & to enphasise the red colours.

I have now completed my DVD Menu pages, & i'm very pleased with them. I've made them simple, clear & clean but still effective & scary. I have made pages for; Main Menu, 3 Scene Selections, Audio Set Up, Extras, Subtitles. I took around 300 images, therefore i had to narrow it down & choose the main ones to edit, i narrowed it down to around 20 of the best ones & editted to the nature of Horror. Most Pages were split-screens, where half of the page is a plain background & the other half is an image. The other ones were the Scene Selection pages, which i knew from the start i wanted to make different, i decided to use the style of polaroid images, as i wanted to portray the scene selection pages as a 'crime scene board' & the seen images are for the police as 'evidence' of a mass murder. Therefore in Photoshop i created a polaroid layout & individually added my chosen images inside the polaroids. I'm pleased in how the Scene selections look, they are just how i expected.

Overall, my DVD Menu Pages, i'm happy with & i have kept with the genre Horror through elements throughout the pages. I've kept the colour theme, image tones & layout moderately similar, as i wanted to portray a scary, simple DVD Menu, the clear nature of the DVD Menu i felt would add a creepy effect, to portray a tense atmosphere & loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment