Friday 12 November 2010

Preparing for Encore & Progress of DVD Menu

Preparing for Encore

Encore needs Codecs to highlight rollover effects for images & texts. I have put all layers into specific groups i.e. texts, images etc. with their ideal codecs i.e. (=2) will highlight the text/image. I opened a new project in Encore called 'DVD MENU', & the majority of my rollover effects were successful, however some weren't.

On the scene selection the 'rollover effect', is already seen when highlighting the chosen option it doesn't change, this is a problem. I will have to change codecs & make sure all rollover effects. I still need to link all my pages but at the moment, it is successfully a new project saved. I was hoping to be able to link all DVD Menu Pages together, but unfortunately as these slight problems, i cannot just yet. I look forward to seeing my final project with rollover effects, links etc.

I have now decided to alter a few things, as there are slight problems with the rollover effects, I've decided to highlight the text as a rollover then the image, i think it appears subtle but more effective. I've also linked all DVD Menu Pages together successfully with links to go back to homepage also, I've put it into my DVD MENU Project on Encore & imported my Animation.


Progress of my DVD Menu

My DVD Menu pages are complete & ready for encore, however i have made some adjustments. Firstly i created & made my rollover effect a hand holding a knife, which i felt related to the genre Horror, however my DVD Menu i wanted to be simple but still effective, & i felt as if an image for a rollover effect was too much & made it slightly confusing & defeated the point of keeping it simple & clean. I therefore changed it a simple roll over effect colouring the Title option red, to relate to the genre Horror and represent blood. I prefer how I've changed it & i believe it keeps with the simplicity throughout my DVD Menu but still effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment