Wednesday 3 November 2010

Taking my images

This is an image of a 'hanging skeleton', which i hung on the tree, i felt this image was simple but in effect
still very scary as you initially don't know what to think about it. I edited this image to black & white & with the
history tool brang the colours of white & red black, to stand out.

My boyfriend tied up in a chair with warning tape to appear as a 'victim' in my 'film', his facial expression also
scared, to emphasise his danger, i felt an image like this would question the audience such as, 'who tied him up?', 'whats happened?'. The effect i was going for. I also edited this image by De saturating it & using the curve tool to brighten & contrast.
A simple image of a pole on a trampoline with fake blood written 'die' on it, which would imply Horror & that people are in danger & there is a killer about. I also edited this by using the curve tool to brighten & contrast to make the red blood stand out more in contrast with the grey pole.

A simple image of a clock, i felt would look effective as the clock is old & timed late, i wanted to use this in my DVD Menu by saying 'times up', to portray danger, death & anxiety. I edited this slightly, as from being taken at night in the dark, it was fairly dark but slightly using the curve tool by contrasting & brightening the image.



I have now taken my images or Horror. One night in half term, i spent taking my images for my DVD Menu's. I brought lots of props to portray Horror; Masks, Fake Blood & Knife, Warning Tape, Glow in the Dark Spirit, Fake Arm, Skeleton, Hand gloves etc. I used these when taking my images, my actor was my boyfriend Leon, who modelled the masks & portrayed as a 'killer'. The images were taken in the woods in Goodwood & in a garden. I used close ups of the masks to portray the danger & scare the audience, & long shots for DVD Menu pages images. I edited a few in Photoshop CS3 & enhanced, contrasted the colours. Also using black & white to create a more tense image.

I'm pleased with all the images i took & i feel they portray the genre Horror, & the use of props has enhanced the danger & horror within my DVD Menu. I'm now moving onto created pages in Photoshop CS3 for the Main Menu, Scene Selection Pages, Extras, Audio Set up & Languages. My expectations & visual thoughts are exactly how i wanted in these images. I edited in Photoshop & changed colours, lighting, cropping etc to enhance the nature of Horror. I experimented with a number of props to portray different aspects of Horror e.g. Scary Mask, Someone Hanging, A simple doll of a skeleton on a tree to look creepy, a Glow in the dark Spirit to symbolize a sign of some kind, & make people ask questions.

An image of my boyfriend in a mask which was red anyway to emphasise the 'bloody theme', also in this image i brought a 'fake knife' & put him in a pose to threaten & scare the audience, i edited this by De saturating the image & making the colour mainly only the red mask, to stand out & appear more scary. 

This image i decided to have my 'killer' character sitting on a chair with a 'fake arm' & 'fake knife'. Looking directly at the audience as if the character is again threatening the audience. I edited this one by De saturating, & with the history tool showing colour only on red, e.g. 'blood' on the knife & arm, red mask, i feel it's stands out & is effective.

This is a 'glow in the dark spirit' i brought, my idea of using this was to portray darkness & show it as a 'sign', from an unknown 'killer', i thought this was effective & the yellow stands out. I lowered the shutter speed on the camera to achieve this 'moving' effect to add effect. I simply used the curve tool to brighten & contrast as i felt the yellow was already very bright.
This image is quite disturbing, but then again Horror films are disturbing in themselves. This is 2 images cropped into one, i achieved this by taking an image of my boyfriend standing on a chair & then his danging legs & cropped them to appear as if he is 'hung', i used the clone stamp tool to make the trousers look the same. I put a bin liner on his head to enhance that he has been hung. I edited this image by brighten & contrast & also desaturated it to appear black & white and by using the history tool leaving the warning tape still yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment