Friday 19 November 2010

Reflecting on my Progress

 Through this DVD Menu Assignment I've learnt:
  • How to add animation & link pages in Encore, by in Adobe Photoshop with the animation export & render so it will convert to a mov, then import it as a timeline into Encore.
  • Aspects of Adobe Photoshop CS3, i also had background knowledge, however from this assignment I've learnt the use of History tool, Clone Stamp Tool, Dodge Tool, which has helped me so much when creating my DVD Menu.
  • The use & importance of Mood boards, I've learnt the use of mood boards which is created by cut outs from magazines, images from the Internet, annotations, fonts etc, & the importance as it enhances the development of your ideas furthermore & creates the mood of the genre.
  • The importance of Research, previously doing GCSE Media & AS Level Media, i did a lot of research, but this assignment made me realise there's never 'too much' research, research is vital in the media industry which I've found out, & it does help with developing ideas.
  • Through research into DVD Menu, i learnt what a rollover effect is, when selecting a font or image it highlights so you know what one you're choosing, it is interesting making my own with the codecs.
  • I learnt how important Canvas size (International - A4 ) & resolution (100-150) is on Photoshop CS3, it has helped me a great deal, & I'm glad i learnt this, because canvas size & resolution makes a massive difference.
  • Being introduced to the website Blogger for coursework, i've really enjoyed! I can update & show my work, what i've learnt, problems, new skills & when going back & reflecting, it's so much better then just having it in a folder. Also being seen on this website, is like my own website of my work & thoughts, i think it's such a good idea, & you can represent your work how you want, not just on paper.
  • I've learnt about Different Image file formats which i'm really glad, e.g. Psd's to keep all layers to go back & edit, which has helped me a lot when creating my DVD Menu, i never knew this before & woundered why i use to have some problems when trying to upload & they were either too big or would refuse, & also JPEG to save an image & be able to successfully upload to the Internet, which i didn't know before, & has helped me when i created my own Website & to upload on Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment