Wednesday 9 March 2011

New Assignment Brief


 We have now been given the brief after annotating 4 existing briefs. The brief states to produce a Magazine Front Cover, Double Page Spreadsheet and a Contents Page for Ash Publishing of a college/university for the targeted audience of 16-21 students of all socio-economic backgrounds and of both sexes, Seconadary audience of Parents, members of the local community and potential advertisers. I have responded to briefs before in GCSE Media and Sixth Form Media whereby I created Magazine front cover, double page spreadsheet and a contents page and also created a CD Cover and booklet to promote an upcoming music artist, therefore I have the knowledge to thoroughly read through briefs and summarise them to fully understand what is being asked from the client. I feel confident with this new Assignment as I have many knowledge and skills within planning and the production of print based work, I have also thoroughly understood the brief also. I have now begun deconstructing existing student/university magazines of a front cover, double page spread sheet and a contents page,  to identify the codes and conventions of a magazine and to find the stlyes/techniques used.



Double Page Spread Sheet




Magazine Front Cover
 

Contents Page
 For this assignment we were given the task to create our production schedule with ideal deadlines to work by, this is a screen shot of my production schedule, with tasks, dates begining, if they have been completed and the length given to each task included with the pitch and overall deadline. I will be using the production schedule for this whole assignment to develop and work with, to see demanding work to be compeleted and the different stages within completing this assignment. On the computer, I have coloured in the task detail either red or green, green for it has been completed and red which that it hasn't been completed which I am following by continually checking on it, this helps me in visually seeing the progress in work completed and how much is needed to be completed. As it is clear to see, I have completed a number of tasks and proceeding onto the next stage. This blog however, will be red throughout always viewing the production schedule until the completion of this assignment as the blog is on going and states the stages and development of my progress throughout this assignment.




No comments:

Post a Comment