Tuesday 22 March 2011

Analysing and Deconstructing Magazines

Before creating my Front cover, Double page spreadsheet and Contents page for the target audience of 16-21 as a new student magazine. I have analysed and deconstructed Front covers, Double page spreadsheets and Contents Pages of different magazines of student magazines and community magazines to gain an insight into techniques, styles, colour schemes, layouts, images and fonts used to portray a feel to the audience. This is a deconstruction of a real student magazine for Lewisham College; the front cover, double page spread sheet and contents page, where I have identified, the speific colour schemes used, fonts used, imagery used, through analysing a real student magazine, I have understood the features, information,the layout used, and imagery to include to relate to student life. I have also deconstructed community magazines for a broader audience, to compare and to see the different styles, colours, images, layout used to attract the target audience. From analysing and deconstructing different genre of magazines, I have compared different features, layouts, colour schemes to create a feeling etc, which I can apply to my work when I begin the creation of my front cover, double page spread and contents page. From deconstructing magazines, I have found the generic conventions of magazines which consist of; image, logo, masthead, colour scheme, layout, features etc, which through research into these specific aspects I have found some general ways and trends to use these, which I am researching more in depth at the moment.
Communtiy Magazine
Student Magazine Front Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment