Tuesday 29 March 2011

Update of Creating my Magazine and Images being used

Update of creating my Magazine

So far from following the production schedule and meeting the strict deadlines, I have completed all research undertaken which included Primary research to the target audience of a questionnaire to gain information on what the target audience would like to read about, also Secondary research which is all of the deconstructing and analysing of existing products which has helped within the development of my work, also secondary research into trends within graphic designs, to identify trends used for images, fonts, layouts which has helped within choosing features and designing my magazine. I also completed a detailed report into graphic file formats on Photoshop and Illustrato and Research into magazine conventions and Typography, with experimentations of fonts using different effects such as 3D, Shadow effects, Rotating etc. I have also produced a target audience profile which states their usage, what they want which has helped when choosing specific aspects of my magazine such as imagery, font, topic information etc, also putting together a research dossier on budget, legal and ethical considerations and health and safety issues and how to overcome them, with the contiguency plan highlighting problems and how to deal with them. From completing all of the research for pre-production and post production, I then completed the initial ideas with the help of sketches, moodboard, mind map, which highlighted the colour scheme, images, layout, font, title name what i'm going to use for my Front Cover, Double Page spread and Contents Page. Through completing all of the research stage of; research dossier, intial ideas, mood board, sketches, etc I could then go on to generating my images.

Images

I have photographed some images for my magazine with my Nikon D500. As the brief stated the target audience will include both sexes, and of different socio economic backgrounds, I therefore took the approach to include this audience within the magazine to interest and appeal to the target audience. I therefore planned to shoot images of both sexes, of different styles and ethnicity to portray everyones inidividuality and to show every is equal within the college, therefore the friendly atmosphere is shown and students considering joining this college will have a fresh, friendly look  to the college. As the brief stated to produce a front cover, double page spreadsheet and contents page, through research within these 3 products, I found that images were found within these documents, therefore I recognised I will be taking a wide variety of images based and related to different topics. For the front cover, my plan was to emphasise the equality between students withint this college by portraying a large image of different students of different sexes, style, ethnicity looking happy therefore I originally took a number of images of different students to layer together as one image, however the final ouput didn't appear professional, therefore I have planned to take an image of students together, also for featured images of the cover, I have photographed a male using a camera to advertise the camera competition, also photographed a female to show the interview found within the magazine. Images I have taken include; a footballer, a number of students with work, group photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment